- The Last of Us: A Game-Changing Masterpiece in the World of Gaming
- Maximizing Engagement on Instagram Stories
- Just Play Another Game: The Harm in Casual Dismissal
- New iOS Patch Released to Fix NPC Locations and Stuck Animals
- Is the Apple Watch worth the Investment?
- Say No to Humans: The Importance of Protecting our Planet
- Exploring the Interplay of Dark and Colors in Art and Design
- Why Manchester United is More Than Just a Football Club
- Get Ready for Exciting New Games on Xbox Game Pass in January
- Discovering Low-Cost NFT Projects with Strong Teams and Solid Communities
- Why Some People Prefer Android Over Apple: The Key Differences
- Exploring the Latest dApps on Binance Smart Chain s DappBay and CryptoCitizen
- LG s Menu System and Remote: Unbeatable in the OLED TV Market
- Gate.io Hosts AMA with a $100 Rewards Pool on January 12th at 1 PM UTC
- Choosing the Best High-End Smartphone for Your Budget: A Guide for the Over-50K Price Point
- Hacking: The iPhone vs Android Debate
- The Dilemma of Choosing Between an iPhone and a Washing Machine
- The Dark Side of Mega-Dominant Software Platforms: A Look at Poor Customer Support
- The Last of Us: Part I - How Will the PS5 Affect Sales and Marketing Strategies?
- Win Money with a Quiz: The Ultimate Guide
- 10 Lucky People Wanted: Show Us Your Homescreen and Win!
- Xbox Should Release Starfield on PlayStation for Maximum Reach
- Xbox and Bethesda Developer\_Direct Show Announced for January 2023
- Is the iPhone 14 Worth the Upgrade?
- Closer than Ever Event Featuring Samurai II and Piranha X in Parking, St. Petersburg, and L.A. Block
- Max Price for a Standalone VR Game
- 5 Tips for Creating Professional and SEO-Friendly Blog Articles
- My Tech Wishlist for the Year
- The Connection Between Modern Architecture and Depression: A Critique of Wokeism
- Is switching from an iPhone to a Samsung a good decision?
maybe this is bc I`m a dnd noob but
August 30, 2021, 11:45 pm
maybe this is bc Im a dnd noob but I would be scared to play games w strangers where you cant like. discuss stuff bc I keep seeing dms talking abt how they dont pull any punches abt killing characters. I would cry and not want to play if somebody killed off Eurwyn Im sorry
I`d be scared to play with anyone I didn`t really know, either, because you hear all these horror stories... I dunno, I`d really want to have a discussion about whether character death, or other things, are even on the table.
@kexira Its definintely something I think should be discussed, and as somebody new to dnd, its definitely something that turns me away from the game/turns me away from playing with anyone outside of Very Close Friends
Theres also a lot of better ways to explore consequences in rp that arent death too.
like!! Eurwyn deals with a lot of health issues/disabilities and I dont want to erase that part of his character, and while I want to maintain stakes/ realism, I also dont want him to get instantly wiped and killed in games because he lacks physical strength
I dunno much about DnD, but I feel like that should be discussed, too? There should be ways around Actually Dying if it`s not that kind of game, too... I watched a game once where a character "died", but instead of killing him off, they treated it like a near-death experience.
like I dont want to be a party pooper and be like never EVER kill off my characters but I think it should be Discussed and not just. At random.
I think rushing into killing characters in a campaign is not very fun too! I get there being stakes to make a game feel heavy, but im not into the murder happy-dm thing at all.
maybe Im just a wiener who shouldnt bring Eurwyn to games but like??? that just doesnt sound Fun to me?? Like where is the enjoyment in this character who is very beloved to me could die at any time because I chose stats based on rp and not on Gameplay. Like I want to rp-