- The Last of Us: A Game-Changing Masterpiece in the World of Gaming
- Maximizing Engagement on Instagram Stories
- Just Play Another Game: The Harm in Casual Dismissal
- New iOS Patch Released to Fix NPC Locations and Stuck Animals
- Is the Apple Watch worth the Investment?
- Say No to Humans: The Importance of Protecting our Planet
- Exploring the Interplay of Dark and Colors in Art and Design
- Why Manchester United is More Than Just a Football Club
- Get Ready for Exciting New Games on Xbox Game Pass in January
- Discovering Low-Cost NFT Projects with Strong Teams and Solid Communities
- Why Some People Prefer Android Over Apple: The Key Differences
- Exploring the Latest dApps on Binance Smart Chain s DappBay and CryptoCitizen
- LG s Menu System and Remote: Unbeatable in the OLED TV Market
- Gate.io Hosts AMA with a $100 Rewards Pool on January 12th at 1 PM UTC
- Choosing the Best High-End Smartphone for Your Budget: A Guide for the Over-50K Price Point
- Hacking: The iPhone vs Android Debate
- The Dilemma of Choosing Between an iPhone and a Washing Machine
- The Dark Side of Mega-Dominant Software Platforms: A Look at Poor Customer Support
- The Last of Us: Part I - How Will the PS5 Affect Sales and Marketing Strategies?
- Win Money with a Quiz: The Ultimate Guide
- 10 Lucky People Wanted: Show Us Your Homescreen and Win!
- Xbox Should Release Starfield on PlayStation for Maximum Reach
- Xbox and Bethesda Developer\_Direct Show Announced for January 2023
- Is the iPhone 14 Worth the Upgrade?
- Closer than Ever Event Featuring Samurai II and Piranha X in Parking, St. Petersburg, and L.A. Block
- Max Price for a Standalone VR Game
- 5 Tips for Creating Professional and SEO-Friendly Blog Articles
- My Tech Wishlist for the Year
- The Connection Between Modern Architecture and Depression: A Critique of Wokeism
- Is switching from an iPhone to a Samsung a good decision?
Samsung`s $8,999 Curved OLED TV Announced
August 14, 2013, 2:20 pm
Samsung, the Korean tech-giant, announced its first curved OLED TV yesterday, at a press event alongside a new Ultra HD TV.
The hi-tech company said was proud to announce the 55-inch television, which goes on sale today and will cost under $9,000. That is an awful lot of money for a TV set, of course, yet its a serious price drop compared to LG, which is selling its own 55-inch curved OLED TV for a cool $14,999!
Samsung`s pricing definitely took the industry by surprise, with reports just 2 days ago saying that Samsungs curved TV would cost the same as LGs model. During yesterday`s media event, the South Korean company explained that the price reduction wasnt planned, but was instead the result of better than expected yields. Samsungs curved TV packs in a few new features to attract consumers, including Multi View, which will let viewers watch two separate videos simultaneously by using special 3D glasses, complete with separate audio.
For the moment the Korean maker will only offer curved OLED TVs, but hinted that a flat model with similar features may reach the market in the near future.
So, are we going to see an OLED TV price war, and specifically a Korean one?...We`ll see.