- The Last of Us: A Game-Changing Masterpiece in the World of Gaming
- Maximizing Engagement on Instagram Stories
- Just Play Another Game: The Harm in Casual Dismissal
- New iOS Patch Released to Fix NPC Locations and Stuck Animals
- Is the Apple Watch worth the Investment?
- Say No to Humans: The Importance of Protecting our Planet
- Exploring the Interplay of Dark and Colors in Art and Design
- Why Manchester United is More Than Just a Football Club
- Get Ready for Exciting New Games on Xbox Game Pass in January
- Discovering Low-Cost NFT Projects with Strong Teams and Solid Communities
- Why Some People Prefer Android Over Apple: The Key Differences
- Exploring the Latest dApps on Binance Smart Chain s DappBay and CryptoCitizen
- LG s Menu System and Remote: Unbeatable in the OLED TV Market
- Gate.io Hosts AMA with a $100 Rewards Pool on January 12th at 1 PM UTC
- Choosing the Best High-End Smartphone for Your Budget: A Guide for the Over-50K Price Point
- Hacking: The iPhone vs Android Debate
- The Dilemma of Choosing Between an iPhone and a Washing Machine
- The Dark Side of Mega-Dominant Software Platforms: A Look at Poor Customer Support
- The Last of Us: Part I - How Will the PS5 Affect Sales and Marketing Strategies?
- Win Money with a Quiz: The Ultimate Guide
- 10 Lucky People Wanted: Show Us Your Homescreen and Win!
- Xbox Should Release Starfield on PlayStation for Maximum Reach
- Xbox and Bethesda Developer\_Direct Show Announced for January 2023
- Is the iPhone 14 Worth the Upgrade?
- Closer than Ever Event Featuring Samurai II and Piranha X in Parking, St. Petersburg, and L.A. Block
- Max Price for a Standalone VR Game
- 5 Tips for Creating Professional and SEO-Friendly Blog Articles
- My Tech Wishlist for the Year
- The Connection Between Modern Architecture and Depression: A Critique of Wokeism
- Is switching from an iPhone to a Samsung a good decision?
today we`re rolling out our first public testing of
September 9, 2021, 3:12 am
today we`re rolling out our first public testing of Communities, which gives people a place to have more focused conversations with people who share the same interests. Communities introduces a two very key mechanics that I think are worth touching on:
This sounds very confusing
Can those be muted the same way fleets were?
Q: where and who are these community moderators going to be drawn from? will they be twitter employees?
I *just* handed in my MA thesis where I argued for Twitter to adopt this kind of model (I mean Im not the first person to do that, but yeah)
Will Android app ever get the same love as iOS?
here you are ser have an upvote
Already applied, crossing my fingers :). Really stoked to test this out since I love Reddit so much
Will the Tweets be searchable if they are not on the Profile?
I`d love to join if only you guys didn`t always do IOS only tests, I`m an alpha testing user but that`s basically useless at this point lol
Can we opt-out? And keep seeing tweet chronologically and nothing else?
Such an impressive pace of new features and experimentation excited for current and future Twitter.
LOVE this idea and would love to help test.
This is really awesome!! Super excited to get access
Awesome! Cant wait to try it out.
This is inept. People will expect single-issue tweets from such people. You`re limiting the bandwidth of users. It should have been done years ago via metadata: What about my twitter alt-universe idea? It`s a pretty simple algorithm gimmick...with one click I can be on a completely different feed for a day, get to experience the platform from a totally different person`s percepctive
Very excited about this one!
Eh rules, lets just all party together new voices welcome
Ooh. May I join? Please?
Seems like something I wished for in 2017 when I wrote fantastic and so needed. livestreaming audio thats just for certain audiences will be fantastic within an advancement for the growth of socialaudio all-around.
just like subwikis
Sounds awesome! Love this idea - well done TeamTwitter
So, how can I start a news/media community? That would THRIVE.
That would be amazing!
Let me get a Dallas Cowboys community going
I have been unable to access them via desktop or Android so far. Is it rolling out to everyone over the day or somesuch?
We`re just getting started here and will be scaling up Communities as we learn more and improve the product (lots of new features and improvements on the way). In the future, anybody can start a Community but today creation is still limited while we`re testing.
2) Communities have moderators, and these mods determine what the rules and social norms are within that Community. They`ll be able to enforce these rules/norms on their own (hiding tweets, kicking people out, etc).
1) Tweets you post in Communities are "narrow-casted" to only the people in that Community. They`re still public Tweets, but they aren`t amplified to all of your followers and they don`t show up on your Profile. We think this can help lower the pressure of talking on Twitter.